The Birthday Door

It was a stormy night and it was my birthday and we were staying in a hotel me, my brother and sister were all walking down the hall to my parents room to say goodnight since I had my own room and then Nella my sister and Henry my brother were sharing a room and on the way down the hall we saw this door that said birthday door so we decided maybe we should go in since its my birthday so we went in and there was this wonderland with tons of presents and lots of every kind of dessert so we kept going in and all of a sudden… the door slammed right behind us so we tried to open it again but it was locked then this voice came on “this is a game get to the end get the key and come back to this door take as long as you need your real life has stopped”. So  then we got really worried what if there was dangerous stuff in this place but we kept walking and Henry was already looking in all the present boxes and eating the desserts then Nella said “at least we won’t get hungry” and I said “true” so we kept walking and walking until it started getting really dark we came to a gingerbread house so I said “guys grab something comfortable like a giant marshmallow and bring it in the giant gingerbread house then we can use the marshmallow as a bed and go to sleep for the night.

So the next morning we got up and it wasnt that warm good thing we all had sweatpants and a sweatshirt it was five in the morning and all the phones had fully charged over the night like magic there was one problem though when we stepped into the game phone and messages disappeared so we couldn’t get help so we just kept walking in this giant birthday land. 

As we walked we found a giant present that was hollow so it was like a tunnel we started walking through it and all of a sudden a present monster pops out of the wall and we all go “ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh” then the monster started to chase us but we sprinted very fast and it couldn’t catch us. It was a very tall monster though so the whole time we could see his shadow behind us he was so tall he was at least seven feet tall Henry had gotten so scared that he kept running right out of the tunnel and straight to a gingerbread house that was in sight so me and Nella chased after him and found him in the corner in a ball shaking 

“I think we should take a break for a little bit here so I can calm down” Henry said in a shaky voice he sounded very scared. 

“Okay” me and Nella said

“It’s 5:00pm already too and the next gingerbread house won’t be for a while so we should just stay here for the night”

“Okay” me and Henry said soon Henry fell asleep but me and Nella couldn’t fall asleep then all of a sudden… the present monster walks past the house and she had kids so we quietly sat there and he walked past but it was really loud and it woke Henry up and we tried to keep him quiet but then he did it he screamed “Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh” and we couldn’t stop him and the monster immediately turned around and it looked hungry so did the kid monsters so we snuck out the back window and quietly sprinted luckily the monsters did not see us then we saw another family but they were human and we told them run the monsters are coming so they sprinted with us we found a giant candy mansion so we went in it and went to the basement so it wouldn’t see us no matter what.

“Who are you” Henry said to the other people 

“We are the Allens I am Josh(the dad) this is Heather (the mom) this is Jules (the oldest daughter) this is Addie (the middle daughter) and this is Kinsley (the youngest daughter)”

“We have been here for three days, how long have you been here?” I asked

“We have been here for three days two I think we might have come here a little before you” Heather said

“Okay” I said

“We should stick together the whole time until we get the key and get back to the door” said Josh 

“Okay” we said so then we all waited and the kids fell asleep except for me and then a little later we heard the monster walking back to his den so we knew we could start walking soon, about half an hour later we started walking and then we went into when we got in the tunnel we started floating “woah” we ll said at the same time it was really cool but it would take us a really long time to get out so we basically pretended like we were swimming and that made us go way faster. We finally made it out after a half hour and we started walking again.

Then we saw a shack with tons of desserts that were not just pieces of candy there was pie,donuts,ice cream,cream puffs all the good desserts so we stopped to get some we all got some ice cream then we saw plastic bags so we grabbed some filled them high with all the desserts but pie and ice cream and put them in the three backpacks we had the we put one pie in a separate bag and put it in one of the backpacks then we left the empty ice cream bowls and kept walking (the ice cream would melt if we brought it).

We walked for about five hours and it was 6:00 so we decided to eat something then hangout and go to bed since we had just come upon another gingerbread house.

In the morning we started off the day by going on a jog then we walked because we got tired we walked for an hour before we found a big wall we could not go around it but there was a latter to go over it so we started to climb and it was very tiring but we finally made it to the top after ten minutes of climbing, then we had to climb down which was way easier then climbing up so it only took us about five minutes. Once we got to the bottom of the wall we saw a sleeping present monster and it was sitting in front of the key so we quietly walked around it and slowly tried to get the key but then the monster started waking up he stood up and looked around luckily we had jumped in the bushes then he went back to sleep so we grabbed the key and quietly ran away and quickly went up the ladder and over the fence “that was close” I said

“Yeah it was” Heather said 

“We should try to get back quickly so we can get out of this place”Josh said 

“Yes please” we all agreed the way back to the door went way smoother and when we got to the door we were all so relieved we went out the door but locked it so nobody else would go in. 

After that everything was back to normal.

The End    

2 thoughts on “The Birthday Door