Traits of a True Friend

Introduction

People are hard to read because traits on the outside of someone could be different from traits on the inside of someone. That’s why a true friend is amazing if you know they are caring,encouraging and have common traits but if you don’t know that about someone then they could be really mean and you don’t know it so make sure you know they are caring,encouraging and have common traits. 

Body Paragraph #1

A  true friend should be caring to you and everyone else. Friends should be honest and not lie to you (unless it’s a good surprise) and if your friend is honest you will know they trust you. My friend Addie and we never lie to each other and we are always honest and if we lie it is because of a present or a surprise of some sort because we are true friends. Addie and me do track together and when we really want to quit we always say “let’s do this together” and then we stick with each other the whole time. Friends should also be there for you no matter what and they should look out for you like if someone is being rude or you’re just sad they should always be there for you. My friends Lily and Khloe are always there for me no matter what and I’m always there for them on the bus at school or in public. We are always looking out for each other no matter what. True Friends should  also make sure you’re okay  if you’re sad or if you’re just acting differently they’ll make sure you’re okay. If you are sad then a true friend will make you happy and make sure you are not feeling sad. My friend Maddy sweet always makes sure I’m not feeling sad and she always tells me in a kind way when I’m acting differently.

Body Paragraph #2

A true friend should be encouraging. Friends should be able to give you advice when you need it, like if you’re having trouble with your writing a friend should always be there to read it and give you advice. My friend Cadence is always there to read my writing and she’s always there to help me and she just gives really good advice. A should also be encouraging by having you face your fears, do things you don’t particularly like but at the same time they’re kind about and don’t force you to do it.   They  encourage you to try it because you might like it if you try it. I don’t like heights so once my friend Addie encouraged me to go on the tallest water slide at a water park and it ended up being really fun and I did it over again and again. Another time my friend Maddie encouraged me to go on a really big roller coaster and I  hate roller coasters so much then I went on it and I hated it so much but I did it so I could at least try it. Something me and Maddie always say is “we got this” in a funny way. Another thing friends encourage each other to do are silly things or sometimes you might have a friend that doesn’t like to dance or something then you get them to dance with you and they really enjoy it.     

Body Paragraph #3

A true friend should have similar interests and similar traits. Friends should have similar interests like if you want to go out and have fun you might want to like the same things so everyone has a lot of fun. My friend Addie and I like to hangout outside with each other and we really like to ride bikes and go on hikes together. We also really like to play capture the flag  and sardines outside. (sardines is when one person hides and everyone tries to find that one person that is hiding then you hide with them when you find them) And we like to watch movies together all the time like maybe once a week. Friends should also have common traits and like being kind,loving so friends should be funny so then you have a good group of people to be around all the time. My friends Maddy sweet,Lily,Khloe,Abby,Cadence and Grace are all of my school friends that I hang out with during school and we are normally all together unless some of us are in a different class but during lunch and recess we are normally together. Maddie and I also really love animals so we love to watch animal shows then text each other about them.

Conclusion 

I think it’s hard to read people because someone could be very kind on the outside then you get to know them and they’re not really kind on the inside that’s why you have to make sure you get to know someone and you make sure they are caring,encouraging and have common traits because then you know that you have a true friend.

2 thoughts on “Traits of a True Friend

1. True friends are definitely hard to come by…but it sure sounds like you have an amazing group of true friends!