The Camper!!! 

It was a normal beautiful spring day and the trees and grass were bright green, and I was coming downstairs from just waking up, my whole family was waiting for me on the couch and, my Mom said, “Me and your dad have a surprise for you kids we are going to go pick a camper that we can stay in for the summer while our house starts to get built, then in the winter we’ll move somewhere else for a while so it’s not too cold.” 

“That sounds okay I guess,” Maeve, Nella, and Henry all said at the same time so we got in the car started the forty-five-minutes drive to the camper place so we could get the camper. 

Maeve was a little sad because they were leaving the place she came home to the only place she had ever lived. 

On the way to go get the camper Maeve had a great  idea to stop and get ice cream it took Maeve, Nella and Henry a lot of convincing but, they finally convinced mom and dad to stop and, get ice cream so they stopped at one of the family’s favorite ice cream places and got ice cream and the place they got ice cream had french fries so they got ice cream and fries.  Mom wanted peanut butter cup but they didn’t have it so she got mint chocolate chip instead, Dad got a sundae, Nella got french vanilla, Maeve got mint chocolate chip and Henry also wanted peanut butter cup but sense they didn’t have it he got chocolate with rainbow sprinkles. Then we got back in the car and started going again.

The ice cream cheered Maeve up a little and now she was excited to get a camper but just a little excited not at all a lot excited. 

Finally we got to the camper place and picked one of the biggest campers with bunk       beds and a big queen bed and a small twin bed, the bunk bed for Maeve and Nella, the twin    bed for Henry that also turns into the breakfast nook and the queen bed for mom and dad but picking the camper took a while and when I say I mean a half hour, because they didn’t have very big campers and we got the biggest one and it still was really small. 

Then we went to hitch it up and the trailer hitch wasn’t there dad got really mad for a second because it was his fault that they didn’t have the trailer hitch so we thought and thought what can we do to fix this.

Finally, dad said “I can call my friend that has a really big truck and a trailer hitch and see if they can come and bring the camper where we want,” so dad called a friend and told him what happened and the whole forgetting the trailer hitch and everything else.

His friend said, “Sure, I can bring my truck and trailer hitch I’ll be there in a half-hour and then I’ll bring it to wherever you want it” 

“Thank you said, Dad.” So my dads friend showed up with his truck forty-five minutes later my dads friend was there then it took twenty minutes to get the trailer all hitched  then he brought our camper next to our grandmothers house in a field near where our house was going to get built which took an hour in all so that means it took an hour to bring it back place it and take off the hitch.  An hour later we started moving the stuff we needed into the camper and the stuff we didn’t need into the storage garage, Maeve found a lot of old stuff she loved that was in the basement when they were moving the stuff.  Three hours later all the stuff was moved it took three hours but it was worth it because soon they would have a very nice house to live in for the rest of their lives.

Finally, at the end of a long long day, we went to our grandmother’s to have dinner because Mom and Dad didn’t feel like cooking which makes sense because it had been a very long and tiring day.      

The End

8 thoughts on “The Camper!!!